Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A Rant

Some of you guys might say, “hey, the editor definitely has the easiest job, all he has to do is read the stuff.” So not true. The biggest reason that we haven’t had an issue for about a month is because some people didn’t turn in there things on time and we had to keep postponing and postponing the issue. Even as I write this sorry excuse to fill up this third issue more I am awaiting almost all of my articles (congrats to Lord Hooligan for being the first to return their stuff). Basically, people are lazy and busy. I can only hope the latter is truer than the former. Being editor is hard so um… could my reporters cut me a little slack and turn in their things on time? Thanks. Anyway, this is a pretty exciting issue, we have a guest writer, Alexander Davis, and the introduction of the new series, “Six Degrees of Alexandreu Gavártgic’h” which is in no way connected to the magazine, Mental Floss’s (which no one’s ever heard of, but is a great magazine anyway) “Six Degres of Ken Jennings,” as well as two editorials, one by Owen Edwards, and one by Lord Hooligan, showing opposite points of view. For the next issue, my goal is to get all the writers get their stuff in on time, to continue the Six Degrees series, to see someone actually finish this crossword I’ve made, and perhaps to add a humour/satire section of newspaper.

Happy Reading!
Alexandreu Gavártgic’h
Editor-in-Chief

No comments: