Sunday, February 24, 2008

Going Ventrutxing, An Interview with Ieremiac'h Ventrutx

By Alexandreu Gavártgic'h

Alexandreu Gavártgic’h: What is your name and where do you hail from?
Ieremiac'h Ventrutx: Ieremiac'h Ventrutx I have no clue what it means, it was bestowed to me so long ago I conveniently forgot it almost immediately. I was reminded by another fine publication in the Talossan world just a short time back.

AG: What is your favorite colour?
Ieremiac'h Ventrutx: Red and Green of course! The colors of Talossa course through my veins. Black is still my all time favorite, followed by puke green and poop brown.

AG: What is the magic word?
IV: For all the free thinkers out there, Jesus. J For the rest of us “family”

AG: How did you first find out about Talossa?
IV: back a long time ago I was recruited by Nathan Freeburg and Mathias Muth. I was active in some online political bulletin boards and discussion groups and had some interest in politics, it was a natural fit

AG: What attracted you to Talossa?
IV: Nation Building. Of all the things that brought me to Talossa was the idea of building our own community both physical and ethereal connections.

AG: We understand that you were originally rejected as a Talossan citizen, how'd that happen?
IV: Well it was all about Ben right? I was brought into Talossa, bought my books, wrote my essay, even attended a Live Cosa and still Ben was afraid of me. I don’t know why but he was sure once I joined Talossa a “horde of young republican’s” would soon follow. After my initial treatment by the King my friends would have nothing to do with Talossa.

AG: How did you finally become a citizen?
IV: Persistence is the key. I kept showing up and doing things with real live Talossans Ben had to admit I wasn’t that bad of a guy. I still didin’t get his vote, but I had the votes of his closest “friends” and even some of his traditional pocket votes so there was little he could do but accept me and make my life within Talossa as hard as possible.

AG: Have you ever met Ben? If so, what was your initial feeling about his personality?
IV: Do you really want to go there eh? Ben has two distinct personalities. The main Talossan Ben was classic ENTP (Extraverted intuitive Thinking Perceiving) and an incredible man (at least that is how idescribed him back in intro to psychology in college). It was the other side of Ben that got the best of him and drove his creation from his grasp. That side of Ben I only got to meet in person one time. It was not something that I look back at with fond memories. In all honesty Ben needed to be on medication, he was quite the character.

AG: How did the ZPT and L'Avîntguard come around?
IV: Well everyone was so sure I was a Right winged republican it drove me to the dark side. The ZPT was the Defenders of Talossa and I ended up there because the basic premise was that Talossa needed to be defended even from herself. With all the pocket Votes of the PC or whatever party Ben dreamed up there had to be some resistance. So the ZPT was where I found a home. L’Avantguard started as a collaborated effort of dedicated Talossans and degraded to a point where I was the only one posting news and cartoons anymore. I do believe Talossa needs an active independent media to keep people advised of what is happening in the Kingdom.

AG: What was the catalyst that caused you to leave the Kingdom? (e.x. The Halloween Crisis)
IV: I had left the Kingdom in spirit long before the actual anti-Ben movement/Republic happened. Ben attacked so long and so hard I was as close as possible to being a pocket vote for the opposition. When enough people got fed up I began working behind the scenes to help form the Republic. The websites, domains etc were all built in preparation for a grasp at removing the King. For me the primary catalyst was Ben.

AG: What was the major factor in your return?
IV: I see only one Talossa and that Talossa is a Kingdom. I left a kingdom full of friends and ended up losing some of that friendship in the process of trying another version of nation building. Still I am a Talossan. The final trigger was in my discussions with a couple of those in the Republic. The idea of One Talossa is great but it wasn’t going to happen from the republic side, there are just not enough people. The only way I could see it happening was to join back to the Kingdom and initiate change from within.

AG: Our sources tell us that your return may actually put-off reunification for another few years, what's your reaction to this accusation?
IV: I am not a set back, I am merely the convenient excuse that some are using for their fear of acting in the best interest of Talossa. I am all for unification of Talossa but I honestly don’t see that happening from the Republic side. They could and may shock me on that. I see more active online folks wanting to be a part of the original Talossa w/o Ben and returning to the Kingdom as the main path of reunification. I think that if the Kingdom –IF THE KINGDOM- wants to promote the repatriation of Talossan citizens, the laws need to be changed to allow them to come home w/o penalty and w/o a great deal of trouble in their citizenship.

AG: What are your plans for the Kingdom in the next few years (are we going to see the ZPT revived)?
IV: Well I want to limit the king even more, whatever it takes to make the role of royalty a mere formality and not a political force is me first goal. Along those lines I want to help the Kingdom get a new website and online support structure, recruiting tools and promotion for the Kingdom. As for the ZPT, I joined a little late for registering and voting for my own party, I will work with others to the next election cycle we will have to see how that works out. Would I love to see it reform and change the landscape of Talossan politics, absolutely.

For the Cort’s Ruling on S:reu Ventrutx’s Talossan Citizenship Click Here


For S:reu Ventrutx’s “Why Talossa Didn’t Mean That Much To Me” Essay Click Here

No comments: